Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

The World Around Us! - Water, Water, Everywhere! - Week 2 - Day 5 - Activity 2 - SLJ - Wasting Away!

The Black Drain!
Rubbish, Rubbish EVERYWHERE!

1) Wairua river & Kaipatiki river
2) Wairua - Northland & Kaipatiki - Auckland
3) The Government has piped $2 million into a $4 million programme to improve freshwater quality in the Northern Wairoa River and many Northland dune lakes. Government is saying that they will make all rivers and lakes clean!

Image result for keep calm and save our water

1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Cathy,

    Well done on providing the names and locations for two polluted rivers in Aotearoa. I think next time, it would be great if you add a little more information about each river and even some pictures. For example, what is polluting each of the rivers?

    Also, remember that the activity asks you to talk about what is being done to clean up the rivers. You have said that the government says they'll make rivers and lakes clean, so what are they doing to clean up the Wairua and Kaipatiki Rivers? Please edit your post to include some information about this clean up, so I may award you full points for this activity.

    Thinking about these polluted rivers reminds me of how polluted lots of our beaches are. Waikowhai Bay is located near my home, I like to take the Dog there for a walk and a little splash around. I've read that it is safe to swim in, but I don't often see people swimming there, it makes me a little sad to think about it.

    Keep up the good work, I look forward to reading your edited post.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete