Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

The World Around Us! - Water, Water, Everywhere! - Week 2 - Day 3 - Activity 3 - SLJ - First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…!

The Midnight Zone!
Quick Maths!


Let’s imagine that the average adult can lift 25 kg and the average child can lift 15 kg. How many adults and children will it take to move the giant squid (500kg) into its new room at Te Papa?

So if I wanted to know the answer to this maths problem I would do this:

425 divided by 25 = 17
75 divided by 15 = 5

So my answer is 17 adults and 5 kids!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    Well done, you!! It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, and I'm impressed with your math work. I agree with your numbers of both adults and children. Good work! Personally, I hope I'm never asked to be on a team of people trying to lift a 500 kg squid. How would you feel about doing that???

    I hope you're getting lots of fun time out of doors this summer, as well as spending time at these great activities.

    I'll continue to read your blog. Bye for now.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete