Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2018

The World Around Us! - A Place to Stand! - Week 1 - Day 4 - Activity 2 - SLJ - More Than Meets The Eye!

Pancakes and Maple Syrup!
My Favourite Food!

My favourite food is egg pups! This is a Indian dish that my parents sometimes make! These recipes are different to what I eat!

Image result for egg puffs
Recipe:

Heat oil in a wide pan and add sliced onions. Cook till the onion becomes golden brown. Once the onion becomes golden brown, add crushed ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 mins… 

Add all masala powders and salt. Cook till the oil appears, around 2-3 mins. Add 1 – 2 tbsp hot water to bring everything together. Add ketchup, curry leaves and mix well…

Bring together the diagonally opposite sides and seal. Apply the egg wash all over the sealed puffs. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until the puff pastry is golden in colour…

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cathy,

    Yum! These egg pups look delicious! It is almost dinner time here at my house and I must admit that looking at your post is making me even hungrier. I will definitely remember this recipe and try it out with my family. We are huge fans of Indian cuisine, however, we rarely make it as we don't have great recipes available.

    When your parents make the egg pups, do they use a special kind of oil? I would love to know as I want to be sure that I follow the recipe exactly. Speaking of cooking and of eggs, we are going to have omelettes at my house tonight for dinner. It's a bit of a funny meal as we normally have omelettes as a breakfast food, however, we haven't got much in the house tonight and it's so rainy that none of us want to go out in the pouring rain to get groceries! Have you ever had an odd or unusual dish for dinner at your house?

    I hope that you are staying warm and dry tonight. Enjoy a lovely evening with your family and I will head away and make dinner for mine. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts this coming week!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy
    I like your food egg pups, I also like how your food is from your country. Could you maybe insert a video of you making it?

    Keep up the good work,
    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete