Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2019

The World Around Us! - Protect and Preserve! - Week 4 - Day 5 - Activity 3 - SLJ - The Sky’s the Limit!

Concluding the Journey!
The Finish Line!

1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year?


I learnt that a honey bees and bumblebees are different! A single bumblebee can do 50 times the work of a honeybee and carries a bigger payload of pollen. 

2. What is one thing that surprised you?

I never knew there was such a dolphin called the Maui dolphin! Fun Fact - Māui dolphins are the smallest of the world’s 32 dolphin species.

3. What is one thing that concerned or upset you?

I was upset when I heard that in some cities of china there is air pollution, because of this everyone has to wear a mask and it's all foggy there!

4. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?

My family and I can be everyday heroes by recycling and convincing others to recycle as well!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Cathy for Completing the Summer Learning Journey.
    You have done so well. Your blog posts have been incredible. Have a great rest of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morena Cathy,

    First of all, congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey. What an incredible accomplishment you have achieved over the last few weeks. We all know that it takes a lot of time and energy to read and answer so many activities. I hope you have still found time to energy the beautiful sunshine outside. Ka pai, Cathy!

    Second of all, what an incredible post you have put together to evaluating your journey and everything you have learned. I think you have identified a great first step that your family could take to help our environment. Recycling would definitely help protect our environment. My family has made the step to attempted to stop using plastic bags. So when we go shopping, we take canvas shopping bags. I am proud of the efforts my family has been making but it is still not enough.

    Just as a little reminder, it looks like you may have accidentally missed the week 3, day 1, activity 3. This activity asked you to create a graph documenting the hottest cities in the world. Do you remember doing this one? If not, then you have plenty of time complete one last post with this activity to finish all 60 activities.

    Once again, well done Cathy. I hope you are proud of your achievement. I am really looking forward to reading more of your comments on other students posts.

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathy,
    I am Melita. Congrats on completing the summer learning journey. You have put so much effort into all your posts. Are you sad that the summer learning journey is coming to an end? I am. Maybe next time you can say your feeling on completing the summer learning journey. Keep up the amazing work!

    Blog you later

    ReplyDelete