Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

The World Around Us! - Water, Water, Everywhere! - Week 2 - Day 4 - Activity 1 - SLJ - Spectacular, Spectacular!



Planes, Trains and Automobiles!
Cruising, Walking, or up in The Air!

If I had a choice to go see Millford Sound, I would want to see it on a helicopter! I want to see Millford Sound on a helicopter because I will get the best view, I also want to go on a helicopter because I have never been on a helicopter but I have been of a ship!

By Cathy / Catherine!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the SLJ team, writing to you from Canada. The sight of snow on the mountains around Milford Sound is very much what I'm looking at outside of my window this week. We're in the middle of a deep cold spell and there's lots of lovely, white snow on the ground. It's beautiful.

    But Milford Sound is completely stunningly beautiful, isn't it? I agree with you that seeing it from a helicopter would be 'best' in terms of the overall view. And how exciting it would be to try flying in a helicopter for the firs time!!

    I'm interested to learn that you've been on a ship. Where were you travelling to when you had that experience? Were you out on the ocean?

    I have actually had the chance to visit Milford Sound. It was many many years ago when I was visiting my husband who was studying at the University of Otago in Dunedin. We drove a little car on a very narrow, rough road to get into Milford Sound but it was worth the time and effort it took. I hope that you can get there some time!!

    Meanwhile, I hope that you're having a really nice summer day today.
    And I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete