Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2019

The World Around Us! - Up, Up, and Away! - Week 3 - Day 5 - Activity 1 - SLJ - Here to Stay!

Persistent Pollution!
Stop HUMANS! STOP!



In this video I learnt 3 new things:

      1. I learnt what Smog means:

      Smog: Fog or haze intensified by smoke or other atmospheric pollutants.

      2. I learnt that some air pollution comes from natural sources:

  • Volcano eruptions!
  • Fires
  • ...
      3. I learnt that there are solutions to stop air pollution! We just need to decrease the use of fossil fuels! 

By Cathy / Catherine!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    My name is Leslie and I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team, reading your blog from my home in Canada. Isn't it amazing that I live on the other side of the world and yet I can be part of this program and read your blog?!

    Of course, you're on your summer holidays right now but we're in the middle of our winter with our yards covered in snow and temperatures well below 0 degrees C. Our children are playing outside in snowsuits. Perhaps that's hard to imagine!

    I'm so glad that you've chosen to be part of the Summer Learning Journey program. Good for you!

    It looks as though you watched the video carefully and learned some interesting new things about pollution in New Zealand. It's very sad that our industries pour some much pollution into the air in both of our countries. As you say, some pollution occurs naturally as a result of volcanic eruptions or fires. But a lot of it is because of human activity. Fortunately there are many people trying to create new ways of doing things so that we can reduce our impact on the air and water around us.

    I hope you'll keep working at the activities in the program and I'll continue to read your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete