Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The World Around Us! - Up, Up, and Away! - Week 3 - Day 2 - Activity 3 - SLJ - The Air Up There!

Flying Fungi!
Quick Maths!

Let’s imagine that we tested the air in your classroom and found 7 different kinds of mould. Eek! The cleaner says that it takes 5 days for each mould to be eradicated (removed). If the school had to remove each mould one at a time, how long would it take to remove all the mould from the classroom?

7 different kinds of mold and it takes 5 days to remove 1 mold so:

7 x 5 = 35

It will take 35 days to remove all 7 molds from the classroom one by one!
Image result for keep calm and keep clean

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy,

    My name is Toe'umu, and I go to Wesley Intermediate. I really like how you solved this math problem. It makes it easy for me to understand. This reminds me of when I had to solve a math problem in class. Maybe next time you could add more pictures.

    Blog you later,
    Toe'umu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cathy, it's Billy here again from the SLJ team.

    Great work solving this equation. You got it correct! So how many school weeks would your school be closed for?

    I think you might be a bit too clever for this question. Try this one;

    If you had eight different kinds of types of mould in your classroom and they each took six days to be cleaned. How many school days would your school have to be closed for? Assuming you could only get rid of one at a time.

    I find that picture difficult to look at!

    Good luck Cathy!
    Billy.

    ReplyDelete